Location of the Micro Hydro Power (MHP) site:
- Country: Ethiopia
- District: Bona
- River: Gange
- GPS Coordinates: 6º34’40’’N 38º41’50.3’’ E
The MHP power plant Gobecho I has a capacity of 7 kW. It was inaugurated in February 26, 2010 and is estimated to have the capacity to supply a total of 700 persons with electricity (given that no public facilities such as schools and health centers are connected). As of May 2011, the plant supplied energy for 16 households (which equals 160 connected persons, given that the average household size in the area is 10 persons), 9 coffee places, 5 shops, a cinema, a health center, a school as well as a church.
► For more information click here.
- Start of construction: at the beginning of 2009
- Date of Commissioning: Feb. 2010
- Ownership / Operation Modell: Gobecho Genet Electric users cooperative/Community based cooperative Society
- Tariff structure: Flat rate/monthly based per appliance
- Turbine: T-3 Cross flow turbine/Locally manufactured
- Generator: A.C. Synchronous Generator/ Power 10 kW, 400 V, 50 Hz, 1500r/min, 3 phase