Revision as of 13:45, 3 April 2018 by ***** (***** | *****)
2. Select Suitable Service Provider
Since the SPIS contains multiple components that might not be installed by one provider, it is very likely that several stakeholders are involved in the maintenance of the SPIS.
The following maintenance services are relevant:
- training/introduction on operations and use of maintenance tools;
- regular inspection and maintenance visits (especially in first months of operation);
- provision of an operation manual and maintenance tools (hardcopies);
- warranty on components;
- troubleshooting service (online, telephone).
Ideally the contract with the technical provider and / or company responsible for installation should include maintenance services.
In case of system failure, do not forget to check if there is warranty on the components and service. However, do not try to repair the defective component on your own. There is a risk of losing warranty!
In case of the solar panels, warranty means performance guarantee, which usually decreases with the years (e.g. 90% performance after 10 years, 80% performance after 20 years).
It is recommended to select an installer who can also provide maintenance services. If this is not possible, two or three quotations of different service providers should be obtained and compared:
- determine if prices are quoted for same range/ type of service;
- discuss proposals with other technical experts (agricultural advisors, research institutes, etc.);
- discuss proposals with technical providers to understand the details;
- decide and contract the service provider before the system starts operating.
- Quotations from service providers;
- Contract details.
- Producers / producer groups;
- Agricultural advisors;
- Technology and service providers (electricians, companies providing solar-powered systems).
- Ideally the contract with technical provider and / or the company responsible for installation should include maintenance services.
- Technology and service providers can provide valuable assistance / training, ask for it!