Revision as of 17:48, 18 July 2017 by ***** (***** | *****)
The Toolbox on Solar Powered Irrigation Systems (SPIS) is designed to enable advisors, service providers and practitioners in the field of solar irrigation to provide broad hands-on guidance to end-users, policy-makers and financiers. Risks related to system efficiency, financial viability and the unsustainable use of water resources can thus be minimized. The Toolbox comprises informative modules supplemented with user-friendly software tools (calculations sheets, checklists, guidelines).
Modules and tools touch upon:
- assessing the water requirements,
- comparing the financial viability,
- determining farm profitability and payback of investment in SPIS,
- sustainably design and maintain a SPIS,
- highlight critical workmanship quality aspects,
- and many more.
style="width: 160px; background-color: rgb(111, 142, 43);" | ►Back to the Module Page
Further Reading, Links and Tools
The following tools that are assigned to other Modules are also relevant:
DESIGN 01-Data Collection: on the human resources available on the farm for operation and maintenance